Provides an Understanding of Chinese Values through the Beijing Olympic Games
This book provides an understanding of Chinese values through the Beijing Olympic Games. It examines Chinese culture through the prism of one of the most important international events in recent memory. It also investigates the ancient and modern Chinese history, through both Eastern and Western perspectives, to provide a better understanding of contemporary China.
1. The Creative Transformation of Traditional Chinese Culture
2. Traditional Culture and Its Global Significance
3. Social Government and Human Values
4. The National Mentality
5. The Volunteer Service and the Spirit of Volunteerism
6. National Image and Media Policy
About the Author
Feng Huiling is the Vice President of the Renmin University of China, and Director of the Humanities and Olympics Research Center at the Renmin University of China.